November 8 for No H8 : Eradicate Hate in the Nail Polish Blogger Community



Bullying is not funny.  It is not cool.  It is not right.  And more importantly, it is not okay.  

As members of the nail polish community, we all share a love for beauty, color, and lacquer.  Other than that, we are remarkably different, from our race to our religion to our hair color and even to our polish application techniques.  To look down on anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that.  I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.  

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post  to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.

For today's post I chose not only a purpler color, but also a polish that helps spread the love: this is LOVE U 24/7 from the Love Hearts collection by MUA (Makeup Academy).
Love U 24/7 is a beautiful medium purple creme. It is mostly opaque in 2 coats. Maybe a 3rd wouldn't hurt but since I anyway planned to stamp on it, I didn't think it was necessary. Formula was very easy to work with, although the brush wasn't. For some reason the brush in this polish was a bit too... fluffy, was quite hard to control and spread the color a bit uneven in the nail. But the formula leveled itself nicely and in general I think this is a beautiful purple polish. Drying time is also pretty quick and the finish is a glossy creme. All pictures are without top coat.

I then stamped on this using Kleancolor Metallic Purple and the DRK-A plate. Everything is cool except for the color that the Kleancolor polish leaves on my stamper and everything else it touches. But who am I to let such silly things get on my way? I just keep an extra stamper to use only with the Kleancolor polishes. 



You can grab the No H8 logo and add your purple manicure here
Also, do know that if you or someone you know suffers from bullying, there is help.  
Please visit the following sites for support and encouragement:
http://www.stopbullyingworld.org/




12 comments :

Nailmattic said...

I have such a tender heart for bullying, I will go bonkers if I see it happening!!

NailNarcotics said...

That's so stunning! I love the stamp over top

Shannara said...

Looks really gorgeous, thxxx for the support!

Natalie said...

Beautiful! Love this!

Lusty For Lacquer said...

I don't have a purple mani to post today but I do HATE bullying.

Jamie said...

Love the colors!

Ruiva Cohen said...

Great post, i made one in my blog too!

Gosia said...

Awesome name of the polish!! Love the stamp!!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Gorgeous purple mani! I love the stamping you added. :-)

~ Yun

Unknown said...

This color is gorgeous!! And your stamping is great!!!

Unknown said...

Stop bullying and be creative and feel beautiful :)

In Support From Forerunners Healthcare

Unknown said...

Wow Your manicure it's so lovely ♥

Cheap shipping Options

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!