Where in the World - Denmark

Today I finally got to make my new Where in the World entry and this time it is Denmark.
For this mani I didn't have to think much. It was very clear to me what I want to do. As a devoted AFOL (=Adult Fan of LEGO. Yes, it is a real abbreviation!) for years, it was very clear that my Denmark entry will have to have some LEGO. Unfortunately I still did not have the chance to visit Denmark and the LEGO Land, but I will! One day...

I admit it didn't quite turn the way I wanted it. And... I seriously think I did it upside down. I will have to revisit this mani again soon, but for now - these are the polishes I used in the creating of my Denmark mani. From left to right: Zoya Magen, Chic Black Fog, Milani White on the Spot, Gosh Orange Red, Gosh Apple Green, Gosh Cobalt Blue, Rescue Beauty Lounge Yellow Fever.
Also, since I needed one coaters in all the basic colors, I used these which are actually for stamping. But they were perfect for dotting too. LOL
Unfortunately, I didn't quite wait for the colors to dry before going on with the mani so I ended up with real bumps on my nails. As if they were real studs. Oh well, I will have to revisit this one, did I say that already?






11 comments :

Raggio di Luna said...

What a great idea! I like it a lot! :-)

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

This is so cute, Jin! I love the idea of lego nails and yours turned out awesome. :-)

~ Yun

jannatul12 said...

wow! love the design ...so cute

Elizabeth said...

JinJit, these are totally adorable!! Fabulous job with the shading too--these are so, so cute!

Rainbowify Me said...

Great idea - and that comes from a real Dane! :)

M. Fourey said...

The idea is super cool :D And frankly, the fact that it's bumpy makes it more "real".

Anonymous said...

Come visit Denmark! I'll gladly show you around =)
As for the mani... Until I read it I didn't realize it was supposed to be LEGO :-D But crazy points for the creativity!

Andrea said...

Oh.my.goodness!!! I know two little boys who are going to demand I replicate your awesome mani ASAP! :D What a perfectly perfect representation of Denmark! I totally agree with Mati. Real bumps are real awesome!!

Unknown said...

Seriously awesome, Jin!!!

Gosia said...

'Bout time you posted this, slacker!!! Haha!!! Dude, I love this and how you created LEGO texture by adding the dots!! Btw, I'm still waiting for that picture!! :))

KatyRealtor said...

OMG, I almost did that & then chose the mermaid...cute!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!