the 31 Days Challenge Day 31 - Recreate someone else's

Hard to believe... today is the last day of January and the last day of the New 31 Days Challenge. Amazing how time flies when you're having fun! 
So today i'm suppose to recreate someone else's mani from earlier in the challenge. I knew this is the mani I want to try and recreate from the moment it was published! Unfortunately, my recreation attempt ended as a complete fail...

I wanted to try the reverse stamping technique ever since I saw it on Laurie's Day 17 entry in the challenge. I really loved the idea, the technique and the end result of Laurie's. However, I was aiming really high... Laurie is the QUEEN of gradient and stamping. What was I thinking??? LOL
So my idea was to gradient with black and gold and then stamp this really cute beer pint and then reverse the stamp and make it look like my nails are shaking their glasses. When I actually started this mani I learnt that gold and black don't gradient well at all. They just don't mix well. I don't know if it's because of the different finishes or just because I don't know how to mix them, but I tried this gradient 4 times before the one you currently see, which was the closest to "decent"...  But by the time I got this gradient, it was so late that I was in a hurry to finish my mani and go to bed so I didn't let the polish dry enough before stamping, which resulted in wrinkles in the polish layers... 
Also, the reverse part was in fact much harder to achieve then I expected, and as you can see, it turned completely off. *sigh* did I tell you it was fail? Well at least my pinky, index and thumb wear A-England - Beauty Never Fails, which never really fails to look gorgeously beautiful.



I will most definitely give this technique another try! But for now, make sure you check the other entries for the last day of the challenge. I am sure no one else failed this bad...




4 comments :

Maile said...

I think you did great for a first try! I like the color combo..and didn't know those two colors don't gradient easily..you can see the reverse stamping pretty well..and from you say..it was a PITA...but I like the results! You'll do better next time! <3

Nicola said...

beautiful

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

I think you did well under the circumstances. The beer stamps are really cute! :-) I do see what you mean about the gold/black not mixing well. Not sure why that is, since in theory, they should look awesome together.

~ Yun

Gosia said...

I think it looks edgy! I have tried this technique before and failed miserably. At least you achieved the goal of reverse stamping!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!