Elevation Polish - Echinops and a One Stroke attempt

I am trying over and over and I just can't seem to nail this One Stroke technique. Well, I will keep on trying, but for now, here's a very very simple mani using this technique in its most basic form...
Elevation Polish Echinops
The polish I used as my base is Elevation Polish Echinops. The photos are not very color accurate i'm afraid but it is an amazing holographic lavender - periwinkle polish. It is very pigmented and while I used 2 coats, if you have shorter nails you can do with just one. It is rich and very easy to apply. I used no top coat in the swatch pictures.
Elevation Polish Echinops
Elevation Polish Echinops indoors with artificial lighting
Elevation Polish Echinops
Elevation Polish Echinops indoors with artificial lighting
Elevation Polish Echinops
Elevation Polish Echinops indoors with artificial lighting
I then used acrylic paints and I tried the One Stroke Technique, but I was only able to create these basic shapes of small buds. Well, I do like the final result but this is not really a "One Stroke" manicure. I will just have to keep trying some more...
Elevation Polish Echinops
Elevation Polish Echinops outdoor in direct sun

Elevation Polish Echinops
Elevation Polish Echinops outdoors in direct sun
Elevation Polish Echinops
Elevation Polish Echinops outdoors in direct sun
Elevation Polish Echinops
Elevation Polish Echinops outdoors in direct sun

Elevation Polish Echinops
Elevation Polish Echinops outdoors in direct sun
So do you have any tips and tricks for me on the One Stroke Technique?

4 comments :

jinya58 said...

I haven't tried this yet, yours looks pretty good to me! Love the periwinkle base color! I found this link, maybe it will have info for you, good luck!
www.nailpro.com/one-stroke-tips

M. Fourey said...

One stroke technique seems to be one of the most complicated, so just keep trying. There are some videos on YouTube which I am sure you've watched a hundred times, taking you to this technique step by step... Are you sure you have a good brush for it? I've heard not all flat brushes work. Anyhow, your manicure is lovely, lovely!

Raggio di Luna said...

OMG, you shouldn't do this... I mean tease me like this...! I love this nail polish, I need it! :-) Send it to me, together with these flowers! :-)

Unknown said...

I bought a ton of One Stroke kits when she sold them on QVC back in the 90's...I was so sure I would get good at it and never did - she makes it look so easy...now I still have my books and the videos but no VCR to look at them on!!! Oh well...congrats for your attempt...it's not easy and yet some folks just take to it like nothing!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!